※ Goods will be shipped within 5 business days. Also, please note that it may be made to order (about 3 months) depending on the timing of your order.
Edo Kiriko is said to be a valuable traditional craft that began in the Edo period and conveys the life of Edo to the present day.
Designated as a traditional Japanese craft, each piece is handmade by a skilled craftsman. Skilled craftsmen make advanced cuts on glassware made from purely domestic crystal glass to maximize its transparency and brilliance.
We carved auspicious Mt. Fuji and cherry blossoms using the technique of Hanakiri.
Mt. Fuji is considered sacred and a symbol of Japan and beauty, and was registered as a World Heritage Site in 2013. There is a legend that the god of rice dwells in the cherry blossoms, and it is an auspicious motif to pray for a good harvest.
The basket pattern is a design of the eyes of a basket woven from bamboo or wisteria, and the basket has been used as an amulet since ancient times. This work is a combination of typical and auspicious patterns of Edo Kiriko.
Producing area | TokyoKoto Ward
Material | Crystal glass
size | Diameter 2.36inch x height 1.97inch
Precautions for use
- Please note that a strong impact will lead to damage.
- Please handle with care as the glass is easily broken.
- Dishwashers, dish dryers, microwave ovens, and open flames cannot be used.
- Dirt on the cut surface can be easily removed by carefully hand-washing it with a scrubbing brush.
- Please refrain from using it with a sudden temperature difference or impact.
- Products are delivered in small wooden boxes.